On Sunday 17th April LIFE Build’s QS Antony Raine participated in the Brighton marathon. Raising a total of £3,706.00 for The Hospice of St Francis in Berkhamsted.
‘Had a blinding start and was on target to get sub 4 hours but then my knee gave me serious grief at the halfway point, which is annoying as it was my calf all through the latter parts of training. Had to dig deep to avoid the shameful 5 hour mark and cut it unbelievably fine at 4hr 59min 57 sec! It was bloody tough but well worth it.’
The Hospice of St Francis is a charity that provides professional support and care for people with life limiting illnesses. We bring peace, comfort and dignity to people and help them live life to the full, for whatever time is left.
We provide care tailored to each patient’s individual needs and work closely with them to support their choices. Care is given at the Hospice or in the patient’s home. Our team also provides outreach care in local hospitals and nursing homes. Support of families and carers is an essential part of our care
The Hospice of St Francis is a registered charity receiving around 20% of its funding from the NHS. We rely on the generosity of our local community to fund the remaining 80% of our costs. This comes from many individuals, events, local businesses, trusts, schools, community groups, our shops, our lottery and Gifts in Wills.